[Mpi-forum] Big Fortran hole in MPI-4.0 Embiggening

HOLMES Daniel d.holmes at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Sun Jan 10 07:44:06 CST 2021

Hi Rolf,

This is a (somewhat contrived, arguably) reason for taking another tiny step towards removing the “mpif.h” method of Fortran support and pushing users and implementations towards preferring the Fortran 2008 interface, which is a direction of travel that I fully support.

I think this might be seen as quite a big change for implementers, especially if it were to occur between the RCM and FRM.

Cheers,
Dan.
—
Dr Daniel Holmes PhD
Architect (HPC Research)
d.holmes at epcc.ed.ac.uk<mailto:d.holmes at epcc.ed.ac.uk>
Phone: +44 (0) 131 651 3465
Mobile: +44 (0) 7940 524 088
Address: Room 2.09, Bayes Centre, 47 Potterrow, Central Area, Edinburgh, EH8 9BT
—
—