[Mpi-forum] MPI 4.0 RC 2 Published

Wesley Bland work at wesbland.com
Wed Feb 3 12:00:00 CST 2021

Hi all,

The second release candidate for MPI 4.0 is now posted on our GitHub page.
This version will not be posted on the website directly because it no
longer includes the "Draft" tag, even though it is still a draft, in order
to have a review copy that is as close to the final version as possible.

https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-forum.github.io/raw/master/docs/mpi-4.0/mpi40-rc-feb-21.pdf

Please take a look at the document between now and the meeting in a few
weeks. Chapter chairs and their committees in particular should review
their chapters to ensure that all of the changes made between the previous
RC and this one are all still correct. We also want to look for any other
last minute issues with formatting, etc.

As Bill said during our virtual meeting today, there will always be
something that we immediately notice as a problem, but we should really be
looking for breaking issues that would prevent us from publishing 4.0.
Otherwise, we should note issues to be fixed for 4.1 (and remember that we
already have many of these noted so check to see if there's already an
issue for it).

Thanks,
Wes