[Mpi-forum] Upcoming MPI Meetings and Topics

Martin Schulz schulzm at in.tum.de
Sun Jul 12 10:10:48 CDT 2020

Hi all,

Thanks everyone again for a highly productive meeting the other week. We got a lot of issues completed and we seem to be on track with MPI 4.0, which is great.

As discussed, we will have an additional virtual voting meeting on August 17-19 and I started to compile the agenda. Priority goes to the issues needed for MPI 4.0, but we will probably have time to also start talking about MPI 4.1/5.0 issues. If you and/or your work WG would like to bring something forward for the agenda, please let Wesley and me know.

Leading up to the meeting, we have slots for only 3 (!) virtual meetings in our usual Wednesday slot before the ballot deadline on August 3rd (please keep this in mind for announcing any readings to ballots). These dates are:

- July 15th
- July 22nd
- July 29th

The first one is reserved for the errata re-readings from the tools WG, but we may also have time for other topics, the other slots are still open. If a WG would like to discuss an issue, please let us know.

We also decided to turn the September and December meetings virtual - those will run on a similar schedule as the one we just had on the original dates. We will post the details as we get closer. For the following year, we are looking at the following dates:

- Spring: February 22-25
- Summer: June 7-10

Please double check the dates - unless we hear objections, we will fix those dates in the next week.

We will leave open whether those meetings will be virtual or physical (or hybrid) until we can judge the situation better. As for the September 2021 meeting, the plan is to again coordinate with EuroMPI (as well as iWomp) and hence we will wait on that organization before making further plans.

Thanks!

Martin

—
Member of the Board of Directors at the Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ)
Email: schulzm at in.tum.de