[Mpi-forum] MPI Standard Consistency Changes

Wesley Bland work at wesbland.com
Wed Feb 19 16:54:27 CST 2020

Hi all,

As I discussed in the plenary during today’s face to face, there is a long list of consistency and correctness changes being proposed by Bill Gropp as part of his role as document editor. He’s asking for both guidance and assistance to accomplish these things. You can help in two ways:

1. Go through the poll to express you opinion about how each of the items should be handled. Some will be small (editor / ticket 0 changes). Some will be larger (requiring a full proposal and votes). You can do that here:

https://forms.gle/kgdm3B21uNnA5Y6a9 <https://forms.gle/kgdm3B21uNnA5Y6a9>

This is a long list so you may not be able to finish it in once sitting. Feel free to do as much as you have time for, submit that, and then finish later from wherever you left off.

2. As you’re going through that poll, please be willing to take a few issues as things you can help drive. Each question in the poll has an issue number listed with it. You can find the matching issues here:

https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues <https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues>

This is a great way to get involved with the forum if you’ve never had driven a proposal before. In most cases, both the problem and solution is already written out for you. Many of the issues are also tagged with specific chapter committees or working groups who should probably be involved. Feel free to go to an issue on GitHub and leave a comment saying that you’d like to take it. I can assign it to you once you’ve done that.

There’s a lot to do here and we all benefit by getting a higher quality document if this work gets accomplished. Thanks in advance for those of you who take the time to contribute both by taking the poll and picking up an issue.

Please go through this poll by March 20th so we have time to plan for the MPI 4.x timeline.

Thanks,
Wesley