[Mpi-forum] Reading and Vote Announcements for August 2020 MPI Forum Meeting

Wesley Bland work at wesbland.com
Mon Aug 3 21:09:26 CDT 2020

Hi all,

Sorry to get these in at the last minute. I was on vacation for the past few weeks and am just getting back in. I have three announcements this time:

Errata Reading and Vote - Clarification: Section 11.7 - p. 482 - MPI Exception Clarification
Issue - https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/263 <https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/263>
Pull Request - https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/177 <https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/177>

This was read last time, but failed the no-no after Jeff Squyres rightly pointed out a problem with the text. That has now been corrected and this errata item will be re-read and re-voted.

1st Vote - Clarification: Section 8.5 - p. 377 - Error Class and Code Advice to Implementors
Issue - https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/259 <https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/259>
Pull Request - https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/178 <https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/178>

This had a minor no-no reading at the last meeting, which was already voted in, and is ready to go for the first vote.

Full Reading - Add MPI_Remove_error_class, MPI_Remove_error_code, MPI_Remove_error_string
Issue - https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/283 <https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/283>
Pull Request - https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/166 <https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/166>

This was intended to be read at the previous meeting but was somehow left out. It will be read this time.

Both of the last two items are currently marked for MPI 4.1, but they can go into whichever version of the standard is next ready.

Thanks,
Wes