[Mpi-forum] Updated Proposal for Virtual Meeting Procedures

Wesley Bland work at wesbland.com
Wed Apr 1 15:59:25 CDT 2020

Hi all,

Based on the feedback during today’s virtual meeting, I’ve updated the proposal to include text about how to change the procedures document without a physical meeting.

https://github.com/mpi-forum/procedures/pull/5 <https://github.com/mpi-forum/procedures/pull/5>

As we said during the call, this obviously won’t apply for the current situation since we don’t currently have any rules to cover the situation we’re in, but if we ever need to update the procedures document again under extraordinary circumstances, we’ll now have documented what we did this time.

As part of the rules, I specified a two week timeline (as with all other voting announcements) between showing the text and reading/voting. So this email will serve as the two week announcement. Next Wednesday I’ll present the text again for comment and we’ll vote on it the following week.

Thanks,
Wes