[Mpi-forum] MPI Proposal: MPI_Cart_weighted_create / Topology aware Cartesian communicators - issue #120, PR #98

Christoph Niethammer niethammer at hlrs.de
Mon Feb 18 06:08:53 CST 2019

Dear MPI Forum,

With this proposal we want to address the current problem of not using
hardware and application topology information for communication
performance optimization.
Therefore we propose some new API functions to the existing MPI Topology interface.

Details of the problem can be found in issue #120 and related material therein:
  https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/120

The proposed changes in the standard are part of pull request #98:
  https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/98

An annotated pdf showing the changes in the document is available under
  https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/files/2875356/mpi32-report-topol-2019-02-18-annotated.pdf

Best regards
Christoph Niethammer and Rolf Rabenseifner

--

Christoph Niethammer
High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS)

Tel: ++49(0)711-685-87203
email: niethammer at hlrs.de
http://www.hlrs.de/people/niethammer