[Mpi-forum] FINAL REMINDER: Call for items for March Forum meetings

Aurelien Bouteiller bouteill at icl.utk.edu
Sun Feb 17 21:50:04 CST 2019

Dear all,

we have prepared the issue #102 for reading at the March Meeting 2019.

This proposal defines clearly what should happen when a failure occurs during and before `MPI_INIT`, and during and after `MPI_FINALIZE`. The behavior can be controlled by setting a launch info key (`mpi_initial_errhandler`) during `MPI_COMM_SPAWN` or `mpiexec`.
https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/102 <https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/102>

The following pull request contains the links to all the review material:
https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/50 <https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/50>

LatexDiff (w/o the general index):
https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/files/2873955/201903-mpi32-diff-initfini.pdf <https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/files/2873955/201903-mpi32-diff-initfini.pdf>

Fulltext:
https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/files/2873965/201903-mpi32-report-initfini.pdf <https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/files/2873965/201903-mpi32-report-initfini.pdf>

The current version of that proposal integrates the ideas that were discussed last december at the Forum Meeting and also relates (but is independent from) the effort of using MPI_Info before MPI_INIT.

Best Regards,
Aurelien

--
Aurelien Bouteiller, Ph.D.
Innovative Computing Laboratory; The University of Tennessee