[Mpi-forum] Threading guarantees of MPI_User_function

Marc.PERACHE at CEA.FR Marc.PERACHE at CEA.FR
Mon May 29 11:18:29 CDT 2017

I’m sorry but the MPI_User_function is not always invoked by the thread that invokes the MPI function that uses it. When you have progression thread, the MPI_User_function may be called by this additional thread.

Marc

De : mpi-forum-bounces at lists.mpi-forum.org [mailto:mpi-forum-bounces at lists.mpi-forum.org] De la part de William Gropp
Envoyé : vendredi 26 mai 2017 01:58
À : Main MPI Forum mailing list
Objet : Re: [Mpi-forum] Threading guarantees of MPI_User_function

Just to be clear on this, the MPI standard generally requires the user to enforce any synchronization needed when using threads with MPI, so Jeff’s answer is aligned with the standard.

Bill

William Gropp
Interim Director and Chief Scientist, NCSA
Thomas M. Siebel Chair in Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign