[Mpi-forum] June MPI Forum Meeting in Aachen - PLEASE RESPOND TO ACTION ITEMS

Martin Schulz schulzm at llnl.gov
Sat May 13 05:02:38 CDT 2017

Hi all,

The June forum meeting is coming closer - June 14-16 in Aachen, Germany. The logistics page for the meeting is at:

http://mpi-forum.org/meetings/2017/06/logistics <http://mpi-forum.org/meetings/2017/06/logistics>

Please register as soon as you can. If you are unsure whether you can travel but are hoping to, or if your approval process hasn’t gotten to the point where you can register, please let me know directly. It would be really helpful to get a mostly correct head count as well as an idea on whether we’ll hit quota sooner than later.

I started a draft of  the agenda at:

http://mpi-forum.org/meetings/2017/06/agenda <http://mpi-forum.org/meetings/2017/06/agenda>

Currently, I am planning on 1.5 days of WGs followed by 1.5 days of plenaries. Based on demand, though, I may move this around and extend the WGs to two full days, which would also move the voting block to later in the day.

Also, please note that the two week mark for announcing readings, erratas and ballots is on May 30th - hence, please send me this information before this date. However, also here earlier is better - no need to wait until May 30th!

Further, WG chairs: please send me all requests for WG times (how long and possible conflicts).

Finally, the June meeting is traditionally the meeting where we make decisions about the locations for next year. With the meeting being outside the US this time, which typically influences the attendance significantly, I wanted to bring this up ahead of time via email. If you have any suggestions or particular dislikes, or if you are willing to host a forum meeting at your site, please let me know and I will incorporate this in the discussion in Aachen. As for dates - if we stick with the normal rhythm, this would get us to:
	Spring meeting: 3/5 to 3/8
	Summer meeting: 6/4-6/7
	Fall meeting: with EuroMPI - trying to get further information
	Winter meeting: 12/3-12/6
If these dates cause any major conflicts, please let me know as well.

Thanks!