[Mpi-forum] Meeting Locations for 2017 / Meeting Schedules

Schulz Martin schulzm at llnl.gov
Mon Jun 13 00:41:40 CDT 2016

Hi all,

As mentioned before, we discussed future meeting locations and times during
the MPI Forum last week in Bellevue. Here is what the forum decided on
(tentatively):

Spring 2017: 2/27-3/2, Portland, OR, USA
Summer 2017: 6/14-6/16, Aachen, Germany
Fall 2017: 9/20-9/22, Chicago, IL, USA
Winter 2017: 12/4-12/7, San Jose, CA, USA

These locations and dates are also listed on the webpage. Please check for
any inconsistencies or major conflicts. If I don¹t hear back by the end of
the month, I¹ll consider these dates and locations final.

We further decided to go back to our regular schedule in 2018, I.e., spring,
summer and winter in the US, fall with EuroMPI.

Additionally, we discussed the recently rather tight schedule during the
meetings and decided to rearrange the schedule slightly: plenary times will
be Tuesday afternoon to Wednesday evening (both days going late if necessary
to make it through the schedule) and votes (along with general MPI forum
business discussions, if needed) will continue to be Thursday morning.
Monday afternoon, Tuesday morning and the rest of Thursday will be reserved
for WGs. Additionally, at the discretion of the WG chair, additional WG time
can be schedule outside the core time on Monday morning or Thursday
afternoon.

Note, this applies to regular Mon-Thu US meetings and we¹ll use the new
schedule starting with the winter meeting in Dallas. Non-US meetings, as
well as the fall meeting in 2017 ­ due to the coordination with EuroMPI/USA
­ will continue to be three compact days and we¹ll create the schedule as
needed.

Martin Schulz, schulzm at llnl.gov, http://scalability.llnl.gov/
CASC @ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, USA