[Mpi-forum] MPI_DATATYPE_NULL when count=0

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Tue Jan 12 21:44:12 CST 2016

The standard says that the null handles are invalid for input unless explicitly permitted.  There’s no exemption for a datatype argument where the associated count is zero.

Bill

William Gropp
Director, Parallel Computing Institute
Thomas M. Siebel Chair in Computer Science
Chief Scientist, NCSA
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign