[Mpi-forum] Question about MPI_Info set on communicators

Jim Dinan james.dinan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 10:03:49 CST 2016

This is the semantic that we have been working with in the info assertions
proposal.  But, I do see the ambiguity.

Several things have come up that would impact the info assertions proposal:

1. If comm_get_info + dup_with_info is not equivalent to comm_dup, then we
are losing functionality by removing info propagation in dup.  We may need
a new get_info routine to support both types of queries.

2. If comm_get_info does not return values indicating the current
configuration/behavior of the MPI library then we may need to adjust the
language we added to comm_set_info indicating that users should check
whether changes to info key values were accepted by the MPI library.

 ~Jim.