[Mpi-forum] FTWG Readings in Chicago

Bland, Wesley wesley.bland at intel.com
Thu Feb 11 16:56:36 CST 2016

Hi all,

The fault tolerance working group will be presenting a few issues for reading and voting at the Chicago meeting in a few weeks. PDFs are attached to each of the issues below and colorized diffs can be found on each of the pull requests (let me know if you don’t have access).

——

The first item will be an update of the reading done in San Jose about the scope of error handlers and MPI_ABORT. We’d like to read some minor updates based on the feedback in the room and do a no “no” vote to amend the previous reading. My understanding of the rules is that this is the correct way to move forward.

mpi-forum/mpi-issues#1<https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/1> and mpi-forum/mpi-issues#3<https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/3>

The commit with the updates since the last meeting is here: mpiwg-ft/mpi-standard at 5a11f28<https://github.com/mpiwg-ft/mpi-standard/commit/5a11f28e669d0fe7393afe5afd0dd021912c46d4>

The full pull request is here: mpi-forum/mpi-standard#1<https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/1>

——

The second item will be a first vote for mpi-forum/mpi-issues#7<https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/7> about removing some advice to implementors about MPI_COMM_FREE.

——

The third item will be a reading of the issue on catastrophic and non-catastrophic errors discussed at the San Jose meeting.

mpi-forum/mpi-issues#28<https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/28>

The pull request is: mpi-forum/mpi-standard#9<https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/9>

——

The final item will be a reading of ULFM. We’ll read the full text, but note that ULFM has been split into 3 issues so that we can avoid re-reading the entire text if there is a question about a subsection (such as RMA or I/O).

mpi-forum/mpi-issues#20<https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/20>
mpi-forum/mpi-issues#21<https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/21>
mpi-forum/mpi-issues#22<https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/22>

The full pull request is here: mpi-forum/mpi-standard#13<https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/13>