[Mpi-forum] Github GitHub GITHUB!

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 07:40:42 CST 2015

Where do issues migrate if they have no associated working group?  For
example, https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/ticket/318 is
important to me, but we do not have a datatypes working group, just a
chapter committee.

Because of the similarity between large-count and extended precision plus
my interest in both, I am inlined to migrate that issue into
https://github.com/mpiwg-large-count/large-count-issues, but this may not
work for all of them.

Because of the ambiguity in the migration process for some issues, I
propose that we defer making Trac readonly until the end of the year.

Jeff

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 11:24 AM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) <
jsquyres at cisco.com> wrote:

> If you didn't read Wesley's detailed email (YOU SHOULD! ...but I know not
> everyone will :-( ), here's the executive summary:
>
> 1. Read Wesley's email:
> http://lists.mpi-forum.org/mpi-forum/2015/10/3112.php
>
> 2. Send Wesley/Jeff your Github ID.
>
> 3. Start moving any still-open Trac tickets to Github.
>
> 4. SVN is already read-only.  Everything has been moved to Git repos on
> GitHub.
>
> 5. Trac goes read-only on Fri, 13 Nov 2015
>
> 6. Lots of good information is on our wiki:
> https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/wiki
>    - There's info for Git newbies
>    - There's info for GitHub newbies
>    - There's info about how the Forum uses GitHub
>
> 7. The Dec 2015 MPI Forum meeting will only accept Github Issue agenda
> items (not Trac tickets).
>
> 8. Read Wesley's email:
> http://lists.mpi-forum.org/mpi-forum/2015/10/3112.php
>
> --