[Mpi-forum] Final Steps for MPI 3.1 - first drafts for all chapters needed asap

Schulz Martin schulzm at llnl.gov
Mon Feb 2 12:03:34 CST 2015

Hi all,

I created a new section on the page for MPI 3.1 to keep track of all chapter
drafts and diff texts for MPI 3.1. It¹s at the bottom of a page:

http://meetings.mpi-forum.org/MPI_3.1_main_page.php

As of our timeplan (pasted again below), we wanted to have all drafts (and
diff texts) ready today for general review.

Chapter committee chairs: please send any draft to the MPI list and I will
add them to the webpage as I get them.

All: please feel free to review any of the chapters as they come in ­ in
case of comments, please direct them to the respective chapter committees.

As a reminder, we need to final versions for all chapters posted by Feb 16th
in order to meet the 2 week deadline before the forum meeting in March.

Thanks!

Martin

PS: To repeat Fab¹s reminder: the room block expires in a few days on Feb
6th ­ if you want to take advantage of the discounted rate, please do so by
that date.

* Starting Dec. 2014: Start integrating passed tickets into golden copy
> * Has to be done by chapter committee chairs
> * Changes to be reviewed by chapter committees
> * Text edits must follow
> http://meetings.mpi-forum.org/2014-12-instructions.pdf
> * The location of the SVN repo listed in the instructions
> * WARNING: start with current version of the golden copy (Fortran changes
> already in)
* By February 2nd (4 weeks before MPI Forum)
> * Chapter committee chairs publish draft of each chapter
> * Commit to golden copy for MPI 3.1 in the repo
> * Some kind of diff with old chapter (what ever works for the chapter)
> * To be sent to MPI forum email list
> * Full draft will be on the forum page for review
* By February 16th (2 weeks before MPI Forum)
> * Chapter committees collect and integrate feedback
> * Chapter committee chairs publish final chapter proposal for MPI 3.1
* Starting March 2nd (MPI forum meeting in Portland)

Martin Schulz, schulzm at llnl.gov, http://scalability.llnl.gov/
CASC @ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, USA