[Mpi-forum] Procedures doc: new draft

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) jsquyres at cisco.com
Mon Apr 27 13:10:22 CDT 2015

Thanks to those who attended this morning.  We got some good feedback, and made some minor changes.

SHORT VERSION: please review the "fast track" text (sections 5(f) and 5(g) on page 9); that's the biggest change.

MORE DETAIL:

You'll probably immediately notice that we changed the margins to match those on the main MPI Standard Document -- it just makes this doc look a little different than previous versions.

All blue/green text has been removed -- we just have the red text that show the differences that the current v1.0 of the doc (i.e., http://meetings.mpi-forum.org/procedures-2013-03-15.pdf).

Other changes based on the feedback from this morning:

    - Chapter Chairs only have to publish PDFs/lists of changes if there
      are actually changes to their chapters.  They explictly NACK if they
      have no changes.  (this is for both the RCM and FRM)
    - Editor publishes a full document at T-3 weeks to the RCM/FRM (after
      all chapter chairs have published their changes).
    - First vote (at the RCM) also includes a list of all the pending trivial
      changes (whitespace, spelling, typos).
    - Re-did the wording of the "fast track" text to make a list of
      conditions that all must be met for "fast track" to occur

jsquyres at cisco.com