[Mpi-forum] MPI-3 implementations status

Balaji, Pavan balaji at anl.gov
Thu Nov 13 08:33:30 CST 2014

Rolf,

The check marks are not meant to say that each feature is available on *all* platforms supported by the implementation.  For all check marks, platform-specific restrictions apply.  E.g., shared memory windows support is not available for many implementations on FreeBSD, but we don’t explicitly mark that either.

I will put a generic caveat at the bottom of the slide.

  — Pavan

> On Nov 13, 2014, at 2:33 AM, Rolf Rabenseifner <rabenseifner at hlrs.de> wrote:
>
> Dear Pavan,
>
> I'm not sure whether in some of the MPI libraries
> the "mpi_f08" module works only with a TS29113 Compiler
> and not with all Compilers that are supported by the "mpi" module.
>
> Such a restrictions is not needed nor intended
> by MPI-3.0.
> MPI-3.0 has the same requirements for both,
> the "mpi" and the "mpi_f08" module.
>
> If an MPI-3.0 implementation has such a restriction,
> it should be mentioned in the table.
>
> Best regards
> Rolf

>>> 3.1.2.  With this I believe we can check the F08 Binding support box as
>>> well.

>>> --
>>> Jonathan Perkins
>>
>> --
>> Pavan Balaji  ✉️
>> http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji

> Dr. Rolf Rabenseifner . . . . . . . . . .. email rabenseifner at hlrs.de
> High Performance Computing Center (HLRS) . phone ++49(0)711/685-65530
> University of Stuttgart . . . . . . . . .. fax ++49(0)711 / 685-65832
> Head of Dpmt Parallel Computing . . . www.hlrs.de/people/rabenseifner
> Nobelstr. 19, D-70550 Stuttgart, Germany . . . . (Office: Room 1.307)

Pavan Balaji  ✉️
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji