[Mpi-forum] Dates for MPI Forum in September 2015

Schulz Martin schulzm at llnl.gov
Tue Nov 4 00:20:08 CST 2014

Hi all,

The MPI Forum in September 2015 will be held with EuroMPI in Bordeaux
(thanks to Guillaume and his team!). The conference will be in the week of
9/21 to 9/25 and based on that we have two options for the forum meeting:

The traditional option that we have been using also this year:
Conference 9/22-9/25 (Tue-Fri)
MPI Forum  9/28-9/30 (Mon-Wed, following week)

A more condensed option:
Conference 9/21-9/24 (Mon-Thu noon)
MPI Forum 9/24 -9/26 (Thu noon ­ Sat)

We had quite some discussion on this at the Forum meeting (heavy load due to
an intense 6 day meeting vs. an extra weekend on the road) in Kobe and a
split opinion with a very slight majority for the condensed version in a
straw poll. However, we felt that this should not be decided by the few who
traveled to Kobe and so I wanted to through this out as a general
discussion. We have to (and we will) fix this decision during the December
meeting in San Jose ­ if necessary, I.e., if we don¹t have clear consensus,
with an official vote based on organizations.

Thanks!

Martin Schulz, schulzm at llnl.gov, http://scalability.llnl.gov/
CASC @ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, USA