[Mpi-forum] September MPI Forum / Agenda and Reminder to Register

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Thu Aug 28 10:30:42 CDT 2014

Dear Martin,

please add the following errata tickets to the agenda :

#456 MPI 3.0 Errata: MPI RMA synchronization for MPI shared memory

   This is a large ticket that needs discussion
   first in the RMA-WG, second in the plenary, and
   hopefully some voting (corrctions and final)

____
Small Fortran corrections are:

#433 MPI 3.0 Errata: MPI_WIN_ATTACH must only be for simply contiguous buffers
#440 Fortran cross-reference correction (ticket 0 / errata)
#441 Missing text for Fortran MPI_SUBARRAYS_SUPPORTED equals .FALSE. (errata)
#442 Fortran "vector subscipts" and MPI_BOTTOM (ticket 0 / errata)
#443 Fortran MPI_BOTTOM not for initialization or assignment (ticket 0 / errata)
#444 Fortran and Persistent Requests (ticket 0 / errata)
#445 Fortran and Permament Data Movement: "All" nonblocking (ticket 0 / errata)
#446 Fortran cross-reference update (ticket-0/errata)

____
Fortran and absolute address text corrections:
#431 MPI 3.0 Errata: MPI Address Errata

____
Errata and ticket-0 additions to tickets #349, #402, #404
       (current status of the triple 1st vote):
#421 MPI_Aint addressing arithmetic (ticket-0 additions)

____
Small errata corrections to Chap.2:

#447 Chap.2 errata: Tools section is an exception: no Fortran interface
#448 Chap.2 errata: Semantic term "matching" is missing
#449 Chap.2 errata: Missing "in C" in wording about handle-comparison
#450 Chap.2 errata: Outdated cross-reference to MPI-1
#451 Chap.2 errata: Correcting description of nonblocking
#452 Chap.2 errata: Wording correction about deprecated and removed functions
#453 Chap.2 errata: Avoidance of mpi_ / pmpi_ in C due to Fortran reasons
#455 Chap.2 errata: Removal of duplicated text on MPI_Aint and MPI_Offset

_____________________________________
The rest of this mail are only hints.
____
I also expect that Jeff may want to update, discuss and vote:
#428 Add more non-profile-able MPI routines

____
I also expect that Kathryn may want to update, discuss and vote:
#383 Consistency of tools information interface variable information
#368 MPI_T Minor Errata

____
I also expect that Bill may want to update, discuss and vote:
#438 Interpretation of MPI_WIN_BASE for shared memory windows

____
Other MPI-3.0 errata tickets that may or should be handled before MPI-3.1 is finalized:

#420 Bug in neighbourhood collective example
     - due to missing chapter committee action,
       it shoud be voted in

____
The only MPI-3.0-errata ticket that may need to go MPI-4.0 is:
#374 Comm_free/Type_free/Win_free: clarify attribute destructor semantics

____
Tickets #428, #368, #368, #420 may need a milestone-change to "Kobe".
Otherwise, they are invisible in the Kobe tickets list:
https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&milestone=2014%2F09%2F15+Kobe%2C+Japan&col=id&col=summary&col=milestone&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=version&order=priority

Best regards
Rolf