[Mpi-forum] Next MPI Forum meetings

Martin Schulz schulzm at llnl.gov
Tue Sep 24 19:04:45 CDT 2013

Hi all,

During the last forum meeting in Madrid, we discussed dates and locations for the meetings in 2014. The non-US meeting will be in September in Kobe, Japan (at Riken) close to "Euro"MPI, which is held in Kyoto (the consensus was that we rather switch locations to Kobe - 1 hour by train - rather than stay in Kyoto, since RIKEN can host the meeting for significantly less cost). For the remaining meetings we will alternate between San Jose and Chicago as usual. As for the dates, the following dates seem not to have major conflicts:

March 3-6, 2014, San Jose
June 2-5, 2014, Chicago
September 15-17, Kobe (after "Euro"MPI, which ends Friday)
	The only alternative here would be to run it the week before, but that would lead an additional day as gap
December 8-11, San Jose

Note, we also decided last June to change the meeting times (for US meetings) to starting at 2pm on the first day and ending before lunch on the last day, to allow people to fly in from  either coast on the same day. If we have a lot of agenda items, we will make up time by meeting until later (7pm worst case). I hope this makes the Monday starts more palatable and allows us to stay off Friday, which is an off day for some. Non US meetings will continue to be three full days.

We have meeting rooms for all meetings - please check if these dates overlap with any major events or cause any substantial conflicts. If I don't hear any major complaints by Oct 11th, I'll consider the dates fixed and I'll remove the tentative from the website.

Thanks!

Martin Schulz, schulzm at llnl.gov, http://people.llnl.gov/schulzm
CASC @ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, USA