[Mpi-forum] Unplanned mpi-forum.org DNS/web/mail outage

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) jsquyres at cisco.com
Thu Oct 10 07:11:30 CDT 2013

Several of you have asked me "why is www.mpi-forum.org down?", and "why is all @lists.mpi-forum.org mail bouncing?".

It looks like there is an ongoing attempt to migrate the main Forum web sites (?and DNS?) from Argonne to U. Illinois.  I'm not sure if something went wrong, or if this is just part of the migration plan.  I asked Argonne/Illinois about it yesterday when these problems started appearing, but haven't yet received an answer.

Indiana U., who maintains the Forum mailing lists, has *temporarily* made the main mpi-forum at lists.mpi-forum.org mailing list available at mpi-forum at open-mpi.org so that I can send out this status message.  When the "lists.mpi-forum.org" DNS name is properly restored, Indiana U. will move the mailing list back.

So be aware that all MPI Forum traffic -- with the exception of this one list -- is temporarily down.  Hopefully Argonne/Illinois can resolve the situation soon.

WG leads: upon request, we can have IU send you a list of all the email addresses on your @lists.mpi-forum.org listserv.

jsquyres at cisco.com