[Mpi-forum] Availability of MPI 3 on recent production platforms

Matthieu Dorier matthieu.dorier at irisa.fr
Wed Jul 24 09:50:42 CDT 2013

Hi,

The MPI 3 standard includes some very nice features, which I'm impatient to leverage in my projects, but being still recent, most platforms today (at least all production platforms I have access to) do not provide an implementation of it. I'm curious when do you think we will be able to say that a majority of platforms provide MPI 3, and that a code that uses MPI 3 can be seen as portable? (how long did it take between the release of the MPI 2 standard and its availability on most platforms?) Are you aware of platforms that already provide it?

Best,

Matthieu Dorier
PhD student at ENS Cachan Brittany and IRISA
http://people.irisa.fr/Matthieu.Dorier