[Mpi-forum] MPI Forum voting rules: new version

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) jsquyres at cisco.com
Wed Jan 16 14:24:18 CST 2013

We had a very good discussion about the proposed MPI Forum voting rules at the meeting in December.

Attached is a new version of the document from me/Brian/Martin with all the feedback from the December meeting: changes are listed in red.

The biggest change is that we added a chapter 3: Suggestions for Voters.  It's a 1-page bullet list of things that people voting should take into account when voting on proposals.  We also moved the concept of time limits on proposals to this chapter (so time limits are now no longer binding -- they're just a suggestion).

Please let us know your feedback on this document.

Martin: can we get some time to discuss / vote on this document next meeting?

jsquyres at cisco.com