[Mpi-forum] MPI Forum voting rules: new version

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) jsquyres at cisco.com
Mon Feb 11 10:27:22 CST 2013

On Jan 17, 2013, at 6:02 AM, Rolf Rabenseifner <rabenseifner at hlrs.de> wrote:

> Here is a list of small change requests/proposals:
>
> Page 3, one can read:
>  Here is the description of the process for
>  updating the MPI standard for MPI-3.
> Please change "MPI-3"
> into "the next version of the MPI standard"

That is the Bill / Rich / Torsten document.  I don't plan to update that chapter.  It was specific to MPI-3.

> Page 4, one can read
>  This formal reading requires also the make reviewchangeonlydoc pdf
>  file, which has identical text content as the final document, but all
>  changes since MPI-2.2 are still colored.
> Please change "since MPI-2.2"
> into "since the current official version of MPI".
>
> Page 5, one can read:
>  SVN Revision 691 is identical to the MPI-3.0 Draft
>  document from Nov. 12, 2010.
> but should read
>  SVN Revision 1627 is identical to the final MPI-3.0 document
>  from Sep. 21, 2012 (it includes late changes that are part
>  of the official document as it is on the web (and printed)).
>  Revision 1627 still includes all change-macros.
>  The basis for next MPI will be a cleaned SVN revision, i.e.,
>  without all these change-macros.
>  This cleaned version does not yet exist.

Ditto for all of the above -- I don't plan to change that part of the document.

Someone else is free to do so, but it's in the past, so I'm not sure if it's a good use of time to do so.

To be clear: the Forum requested that Brian and I include that document in our proposal so that people could see/compare.  I do not consider that text to be part of our proposal.

> Page 8, 5. (c) reads:
>  (c) The organization had at least one of its
>  representatives physically present at any time during
>  that specific physical MPI Forum meeting.
> The wording "any time" seems to be not intended.
> It may be substituted by:
>  (c) The organization started to have at least one of its
>  representatives physically present at
>  that specific physical MPI Forum meeting.

Sure.