[Mpi-forum] ABI

Supalov, Alexander alexander.supalov at intel.com
Thu Dec 5 11:18:24 CST 2013

I think that is about all that we had. Jeff Brown, who chaired the WG, as far as I can recall, might have more material, as probably do I in my private archive. Anyway, the point here is to re-merge that WG's work with the reignited discussion rather than to replace it.

The situation then was that after the initial assessment, we could not detect enough enthusiasm on the part of the forum and implementations to get any closer than they were before. The ABI WG then went dormant. I hope that the situation changed somewhat now that we have a joint MPICH ABI initiative.

I am afraid I cannot comment on particular snippets of other people's email 5-6 year after the events. If you wish, we can get this trail offline and go through the material with you.