[Mpi-forum] Discussion points from the MPI-<next> discussion today

Supalov, Alexander alexander.supalov at intel.com
Sat Sep 22 03:57:48 CDT 2012

Indeed. The road goes on and on. :)

-----Original Message-----
From: mpi-forum-bounces at lists.mpi-forum.org [mailto:mpi-forum-bounces at lists.mpi-forum.org] On Behalf Of Anthony Skjellum
Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2012 3:00 AM
To: Main MPI Forum mailing list
Subject: Re: [Mpi-forum] Discussion points from the MPI-<next> discussion today

Alexander,

1) Dropping pairwise ordering is very interesting, esp. if it is a feature to turn on/off per
   communicator.
2) Allowing different communicators to provide different levels of service interesting
3) Having control be reliable, but data not be as reliable might be interesting

Many research areas as well ; what we can standardize is TBD :-)

Tony