[Mpi-forum] Discussion points from the MPI-<next> discussion today

Jeff Hammond jhammond at alcf.anl.gov
Thu Sep 20 12:14:58 CDT 2012

RMA)

I would like nonblocking variants of all the collective operations in
the RMA chapter, particularly MPI_Win_{create,allocate}.  I already
provided justification for this to the RMA working group but there
wasn't time to deal with it for 3.0.

P2P)

I would like MPI_(I)RECV_REDUCE, which - as you might guess - does a
reduction to the receive buffer instead of a simple write.  This
allows one to avoid having to manually buffer incoming messages to be
reduced at the receiver.  Torsten and I have discussed it and it seems
there are at least a few use cases.

Environment)

Previously posted minor changes to stipulate thread-safety of
functions like MPI_Initialized, MPI_Finalized and MPI_Thread_level (?)
in all MPI_THREAD_XXX modes, which was +1'd by Jeff S.  I think these
changes are more of the MPI 3.1 variety than MPI 4.0.

Jeff