[Mpi-forum] Dec 3-6 meeting

Richard Graham richardg at mellanox.com
Mon Sep 24 10:38:03 CDT 2012

The upcoming Dec meeting will be the first meeting for MPI-next, and as a result we do expect to talk about (and potentially vote on) a proposal/s for new voting rules.  There was much discussion of the proposal that was circulated on the list in the meeting in Vienna last week, and I expect we will reach some conclusion this coming meeting.

Also, with the meeting frequency going down, but the length going from 2 to 3 days, we want to make sure we make productive use of the meeting time.  I expect that a large chunk of time at this meeting will be dedicated to working -group meetings, so if you would like a time slot for one or more working group meetings, please let me know before Oct 5th.  This is the time to start looking at the next set of challenges, so feel free to bring up new ideas, or old ideas that have not yet received the time of day.  I do expect some of the 3.0 working groups to continue.

Rich