[Mpi-forum] Meeting schedule for 2013

Richard Graham richardg at mellanox.com
Tue Oct 9 10:45:58 CDT 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: mpi-forum-bounces at lists.mpi-forum.org [mailto:mpi-forum-bounces at lists.mpi-forum.org] On Behalf Of Jeff Squyres
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 11:43 AM
To: Main MPI Forum mailing list
Subject: Re: [Mpi-forum] Meeting schedule for 2013

On Oct 9, 2012, at 11:10 AM, Richard Graham wrote:

> We will make "final" decisions here in Dec.
>
>> From my perspective the decision to be made was between the meeting
>> schedule
> - Japan, Chicago, SJ, Chicago (what we voted for) And
> - Japan, Chicago, Madrid,  SJ (with the understanding that meetings in
> Japan would be every other year)
>
> That is what came up at the end of the last meeting.

Understood.

However, it is worth noting that a very different (organization-based) sentiment has arisen about the March meeting since then.

1. There is fairly negative support for Japan in March.
2. There is unanimous support for Chicago in June.
3. There is clear, overwhelming support for Madrid in September
   --> many prefer a max of 1 non-US meeting per year, and want it to be Madrid/EuroMPI 4. There is strong support for Chicago in December; somewhat less support for San Jose.

[rich] what is this based on ?
Rich
jsquyres at cisco.com