[Mpi-forum] Fwd: MPI_Pack max buffer size

Jeff Hammond jhammond at alcf.anl.gov
Wed Oct 3 08:58:22 CDT 2012

Unlike many other cases where communicating >2 GB can be done with a
datatype workaround, MPI_PACK/UNPACK seem particularly vulnerable to
the 32-bit integer representation issue.

I don't know whether or not this has been discussed before (and
apologize if my message is redundant).  Is there a proposal for
MPI_(UN)PACK_COUNT yet?

Thanks,

Jeff