[Mpi-forum] ticket 273

Mohamad Chaarawi chaarawi at hdfgroup.org
Wed May 30 15:24:15 CDT 2012

Hi Rich,

On 5/30/2012 3:03 PM, Richard Graham wrote:
> Mohamad,
>    Two items that I wrote down based on comments:
>   - One view was expressed that adding a nonblocking interface, will not change the fact that implementation will still be blocking

The implementation that UH provides builds on top of libnbc which
implements the non-blocking collective communication operations.. They
use non blocking point-to-point operations and asynchronous
aio_read/aio_write functions. So what part of that is blocking?

btw, why was this concern not mentioned during the formal reading or on
the I/O mailing list?

> - The ticket was rushed, and not ready

This ticket was going back and forth for a little less than a year.. I
don't any reason why it is considered rushed.. Again most of the I/O
chapter committee reviewed and approved it..
Other than final merging issues what was wrong with ticket? and again
why were they not brought up till the Japan vote, where we were not
there to address them?

Thanks,
Mohamad