[Mpi-forum] C++ types inaccessible after #281

Jeff Hammond jhammond at alcf.anl.gov
Tue Jun 26 13:57:21 CDT 2012

Why do you want to make it so damn hard for anyone to use MPI in C++ codes?
 You don't even have to do anything to support C++ because BG-MPI is based
upon MPICH2.

Can't we just for once try to take user needs into consideration instead of
trying to reduce the workload of implementers as much as possible?

Users matter.  In IBM land, they are called customers.  I assure you that
some of your largest customers care a great deal about using MPI within
C++.

You're going out of your way to try and punish your customers for using
C++.  Can't you just leave them alone?  Maybe we - the customers - need to
leave IBM alone.

Jeff