[Mpi-forum] C++ types inaccessible after #281

Douglas Miller dougmill at us.ibm.com
Tue Jun 26 11:41:54 CDT 2012

I've got to raise a concern here. If we start defining MPI datatypes to be
C++ types then how will an implementation support that with only a C
compiler? I thought the point of 281 was to eradicate C++ from the standard
(and start over later if C++ was to be defined in the standard).

Douglas Miller                  BlueGene Messaging Development
IBM Corp., Rochester, MN USA                     Bldg 030-2 A401
dougmill at us.ibm.com               Douglas Miller/Rochester/IBM

             Jed Brown
             <jedbrown at mcs.anl
             .gov>                                                      To
             Sent by:                  Main MPI Forum mailing list
             mpi-forum-bounces         <mpi-forum at lists.mpi-forum.org>,
             @lists.mpi-forum.                                          cc
             org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Mpi-forum] C++ types
             06/26/2012 11:14          inaccessible after #281
             AM

             Please respond to
              Main MPI Forum
               mailing list