[Mpi-forum] C++ types inaccessible after #281

Jeff Hammond jhammond at alcf.anl.gov
Tue Jun 26 10:17:02 CDT 2012

Interesting, because
http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/std/complex/complex/, which I
recognize is not the C++ standard, just says that std::complex is
specialized for those types, not restricted to them.  Clang was happy
to compile std::complex<int> and related for me just now, so we might
want to worry about users doing this since we all know MPI users don't
read the MPI standard so why should we expect MPI-C++ users to read
both the MPI and C++ standards?

JeffS was not necessarily suggesting we replace the C++ standard with
a human being.  He was suggesting someone write the proposal for this
feature.  I don't see how a standards document is going to produce
draft text for the MPI standard.  Do you? :-)

Jeff