[Mpi-forum] Many MPI-tickets: Actions needed before July meeting

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Thu Jun 21 04:16:04 CDT 2012

Dear Jeff, (and others below)

please can you correct the title of
> https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/report/14
from
  "MPI-2.2 errata / MPI-3: Tickets that need to be discarded (moved or withdrawn)"
  "MPI-2.2 errata / MPI-3: single-vote-corrections should be "Scheduled, July 2012 Chicago", all other moved to MPI-next or withdrawn"

Dear
  Bill, Jesper, George, Hubert, Pavan, Jeff H., Jed,
  Rich, Tony, Alexander, Fab, Douglas, Marc,
  Marc-Andre, Mohamad,

Current status of needed actions of
all the tickets that are in this report
  https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/report/14

- Errata tickets that have to go into MPI-3.0
   Tickets 166 (solution TO-DO) gropp, 170 gropp, 172 rabenseifner,
           179 traff, 181 bosilca, 186 hubertritzdorf,
           191 gropp + 201 rabenseifner (those parts that are not
           touched by 259),
           202 (as MPI-2.2 errata!) rabenseifner, 222 balaji,
           316 jhammond, 318 jedbrown, 329-335 gropp
   Action: These tickets should be checked by the ticket authors:
    - the solutions completed, and
    - please mark then with
        -- Milestone "July 2012 Chicago"
        -- Priority "Scheduled"
    - and then voted with such a reading-and-single-and-only-vote
      (especially the tickets that span several chapters)
      at the following meeting
      (can be also done in a block of votes as in May),
    - or some tickets are already done, because the content is already
      included into the ticket 0 part by the related chapter
      author(s).

- Other tickets that should be switched to MPI-next (or withdrawn):
   Tickets 32 traff, 47 graham, 59 hubertritzdorf,
           165 tony, 176 asupalov, 194 gropp +195 balaji,
           198 ftilier, 217 dougmill,
           310 snir, 311 snir, 319 jedbrown
   Action: please update the ticket's "Version" into "MPI-next"
           and also "Priority" to new/correct state
           (or resolve with "Withdrawn")

- Probably to be withdrawn:
   Tickets 102 bosilca (solved by 278),
           177 asupalov + 190 gropp (solved through 279),
           178 asupalov (probably not needed),
           261 mahermanns (see comments within the ticket),
           315 jhammond (see comments within the ticket)
   Action: please update the ticket's resolution

- To be discussed due to Japan-voting-rule:
   - Ticket 273 chaarawi
   - FT tickets 323 bosilca , 326 bosilca, 327 bosilca
     i.e. should also have a slot in the agenda

(Not within report/14:)
- Already withdrawn because the chapter authors promised to
  convert the ticket content into a ticket-0-change which
  will be presented in the July 2012 meeting:
   Tickets 216 , 267, 268
   Action: Chapter authors may mention these tickets when reading
           their ticket-0-changes

- Tickets that should stay in "MPI-2.2 errata":
   - #171 change MPI_C_BOOL external32 size to 1 byte
     (passed)
   And following tickets, because they correct the C++ interface
   which will be removed in MPI-3.0
   - #166, Item 1, (needs single-and-only-1-vote in July 2012)
   - #192 (needs 2nd vote in July 2012)
   - #202 (needs single-and-only-1-vote in July 2012)

- The other MPI-2.2-errata tickets need not to go on the errata page.
  It is okay to use them only for MPI-3.0.
  Action:
   - to be checked, whether the MUST go to the MPI-2.2 errata page
     by a reasonable reason,
   - otherwise "Version" should be modified
     from "MPI-2.2-errata" into "MPI-3.0"
.
Best regards
Rolf