[Mpi-forum] Voting in July (and beyond)

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Thu Jun 14 10:50:48 CDT 2012

Was nobody looking at our rules:
http://meetings.mpi-forum.org/secretary/voting.php
- Measures pass on simple majority.
- Formal votes will be taken by roll.
  If you are not present, your organization
  does not vote (effectively the same as abstain).

Here you can see "abstain" == "not voting",
and wiki clearly tells "simple majority"
means more than 50% of the passed votes.

Why was there a discussion about this?

Jeff, how old is this file?

Best regards
Rolf