[Mpi-forum] Proposal for the mailing text with our public draft MPI-3.0

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Thu Jul 26 03:41:29 CDT 2012

I re-added the addressing and proposed subject (nobody objected/corrected
so far) and I added a new list item on "clarifications".

------
Subject: MPI-3.0 public draft for comments

[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies or you are not related to MPI]

Dear MPI-user,

The MPI-Forum is in the last stages of ratifying MPI-3.0, a new version of the MPI standard.  As part of this process, we wish to solicit feedback on the current draft standard before it is scheduled to be ratified in the September 2012 MPI Forum meeting.  The Forum truly is interested in feedback, but from a practical perspective in the near term, will only either be able to make small changes or completely stop the MPI-3.0 process if big issues are raised.  Other items will be considered for follow on changes after 3.0.

The MPI-3.0 draft 2 document can be found here:

 http://meetings.mpi-forum.org/draft_standard/mpi3.0_draft_2.pdf

Your requests/comments can be:

- Small requests/corrections that can be resolved before finishing 3.0.
- Requests for clarification of unclear text or undefined behavior.
- Undetected severe inconsistencies or bugs that may delay 3.0.
- Wishes for additional enhancements or new functionality
  to be taken into account after 3.0 is complete.

Please comment before Sep. 6, 2012: