[Mpi-forum] Proposal for the mailing text with our public draft MPI-3.0

Richard Graham richardg at mellanox.com
Wed Jul 25 09:07:05 CDT 2012

Thanks !!!

Slightly updated:

The MPI-Forum is in the last stages of ratifying the MPI-3.0, a new version of the MPI standard.  As part of this process, we wish to solicit feedback on the current draft standard, which is schedule to be ratified in the Sept meeting of the Forum.  The forum truly is interested in feedback, but from a practical perspective in the near term will only be able to make small changes, or completely stop the process, if big issues are raised.  Other items will be considered for follow on changes to the standard.

We are interested in your comments about the public draft available from July 27 until Sep. 6, 2012 at

  http://meetings.mpi-forum.org/draft_standard/mpi3.0_draft_2.pdf

Your requests/comments can be
 - Small requests/corrections that can be resolved before finishing 3.0.
 - Undetected severe inconsistencies or bugs that may delay 3.0.
 - Wishes for additional enhancements or new functionality
   to be taken into account in the next release
   of MPI (i.e. MPI-3.1 or MPI-4.0).

Please comment before Sep. 6, 2012 by email to

         mpi-comments at mpi-forum.org

Before sending an email, you need to subscribe to the list via

Any e-mail sent from an unsubscribed e-mail address will not be received.

Best regards
The MPI Forum
I'll send it out to about 14000 HPC people, mainly in Europe, this Friday morning in Europe - text should be finilized on Thursday.

Jeff, I did a test on mpi-comments at mpi-forum.org through a mail from my not registered colleague (Christoph niethammer), Please can you check.

Subject: MPI-3.0 public draft for comments

[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies or you are not related to MPI]

Dear MPI-user,

The MPI-Forum has developed MPI-3.0, a new version of the MPI standard.

         mpi-comments at mpi-forum.org

Before sending an email, you need to subscribe to the list via

Best regards
The MPI Forum

Best regards
Rolf

--
Dr. Rolf Rabenseifner . . . . . . . . . .. email rabenseifner at hlrs.de High Performance Computing Center (HLRS) . phone ++49(0)711/685-65530 University of Stuttgart . . . . . . . . .. fax ++49(0)711 / 685-65832 Head of Dpmt Parallel Computing . . . www.hlrs.de/people/rabenseifner Nobelstr. 19, D-70550 Stuttgart, Germany . (Office: Allmandring 30) _______________________________________________
mpi-forum mailing list
mpi-forum at lists.mpi-forum.org