[Mpi-forum] Chapter Reviews

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Sun Jul 22 13:35:00 CDT 2012

I will remind everyone that gfortran doesn't have enough Fortran 2008 support to provide mpi_f08 .  Its true that gfortran is behind most other Fortran compilers and it is time to provide an F'08 binding; but expecting every user to be able to switch to the F08 binding immediately is not realistic.

Bill

William Gropp
Director, Parallel Computing Institute
Deputy Director for Research
Institute for Advanced Computing Applications and Technologies
Paul and Cynthia Saylor Professor of Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign