[Mpi-forum] Communicator info arguments

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 7 15:56:02 CST 2012

Apologies if this query needs to go a specific working group.  I wasn't
sure which one, so I'm sending it to the overall mailing list.

If a communicator is created using MPI_COMM_DUP_WITH_INFO, is the info
argument "sticky" to all child communicators?  That is, if I split the
output communicator further, will the info argument propagate?

Adam said that it would, at the Forum, but that doesn't seem accurate,
since that'll get weird if I do an Intercomm_merge with two
communicators, one of which has an info argument and the second does not.

I couldn't find text saying one way or another in the document.

 -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji