[Mpi-forum] Location and Dates for Future MPI Forum Meetings

Schulz, Martin schulzm at llnl.gov
Wed Dec 5 18:02:56 CST 2012

Hi all,

We had a very lengthy discussion on future MPI forum meetings at the current forum in San Jose yesterday and today. Based on the input that Jeff collected after the meeting in Vienna and due to conflicts with related conferences, we decided on the following schedule, which is now also listed on the web page:

March 11 - 14, 2013	Chicago, IL, USA	(hosted by Microsoft)
mid Monday to mid Thursday
Reason: the poll from last September (as well as the discussion in the room) showed a strong preference to keep this meeting in US and have only one meeting not in the US coupled with EuroMPI

June 4 - 7, 2013	San Jose, CA, USA (hosted by Cisco)
mid Tuesday to mid Friday
Reason: as discussed on the mailing list earlier to avoid conflict with ICS; moved to Tuesday-Friday to make combined travel with ICS easier

September 11 - 13, 2013	Madrid, Spain (in conjunction with Euro MPI 2013)
full day Wednesday-Friday
Reason: keep connection to EuroMPI, meeting is before EuroMPI based on preference of EuroMPI organizers

December 9 - 12, 2013	Chicago, IL, USA - tentative
mid Monday to mid Thursday
we are waiting for confirmation if we have the rooms in Chicago, also we are waiting on feedback whether anyone is aware of any conflicts - the idea is to finalize this in the next 1-2 weeks (hence, if you see any conflicts, please mention them soon)

After that, the plan is to continue with four meetings per year alternating between San Jose and Chicago, but keep the September meeting with the MPI conference.

Martin Schulz, schulzm at llnl.gov, http://people.llnl.gov/schulzm
CASC @ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, USA