[Mpi-forum] MPI_Comm_create_group Meeting

James Dinan dinan at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 1 14:33:51 CDT 2011

Hi All,

I would like to form a group to review the MPI_Comm_create_group()
proposal (#286) for a formal reading at the next Forum meeting.  If you
are interested in joining the discussion, could you please fill in your
availability for a one hour conference call next week:

http://www.doodle.com/9tganzq2hqiqy7kt

We have a couple issues to discuss:

1.) The name of the function: MPI_Comm_create_group,
MPI_Group_comm_create, MPI_Comm_create_from_group, ...

2.) The tag argument: Should we use a tag or a "color" to establish a
safe communication conduit on the parent communicator.  As discussed at
the Forum, using a tag could conflict with the use of MPI_ANY_TAG on the
parent communicator.  A color would avoid this issue, however it could
complicate tag matching.

3.) Changes to the text.

Thanks,
  ~Jim.

PS- I've attached a copy of the current text with comments from the
formal reading at the last Forum meeting (in Acrobat: Comments ->
Comments View -> Show Comments List for the full list).