[Mpi-forum] MPI_Count "ticket 0" updates

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Fri Mar 18 12:46:22 CDT 2011

...and we missed one "e.g.," that Adam wanted.  Now fixed.

So here's a question: do these "ticket 0" kinds of changes reset the clock on the formal reading?

--> Yes, they should.  We have reset the clock on tickets for smaller things than this before.
--> No, they should not.  The whole concept of "ticket 0" is to be a kinder, gentler Forum in an attempt to lower the bar to readability fixes.

What do you think?

If they do reset the clock, we'll happily discard them and go back to the PDF that was sent on Monday (i.e., that PDF is still available on #265).

None of Adam's changes affect the meaning of the proposed text; they just make it read better.  We'll then introduce the "ticket 0" changes when (if) the MPI_Count changes are voted in (i.e.: we do not want to reset the clock).