[Mpi-forum] 2012 tentative meeting agenda

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Wed Jul 20 21:36:53 CDT 2011

Rich / those who didn't attend the Chicago meeting --

Here's the feedback from the Chicago attendees on the dates for meetings next year:

2012
----
Jan 9-11:   San Jose, CA

            --> Non-US based attendees need the Jan meeting dates fixed
                ASAP to buy plane tickets.

March 5-7:  Chicago, IL
May 7-9:    San Jose, CA – Final MPI 3.0 vote

            --> There was significant confusion about this notation
                ("Final MPI 3.0 vote").

                1. Is this the final vote for the entirety of MPI-3,
                meaning that all chapter/ticket 2nd votes must be complete
                by the March?

                2. Everyone thought we were "gating"
                MPI-3.0 on RMA, Fault Tolerance (stabilization), MPIT,
                and Neighborhood Collectives.  RMA and NC look very good
                (passed 1st vote), MPIT needs a little more work, and
                FT needs (potentially) a lot more work.  Is this notation
                just an assumption/hope that FT will be ready for its
                final official reading in October?

July 16-19: Chicago, IL
Sept:       In conjunction with EuroMPI
Dec 3-6:    San Jose, CA

No one saw any immediate conflicts with these dates or locations.  I urged everyone to double check their calendars and email this list ASAP if they find anything.