[Mpi-forum] Real life mpi applications

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 08:07:10 CDT 2011

First, this list is for the MPI Forum to organize its efforts on
developing the MPI standard, not for general purpose MPI-related
support.  You might consider asking
<http://groups.google.com/group/comp.parallel.mpi> or similar online
forum for assistance.

Second, your questions is effectively impossible to answer.  There are
thousands upon thousands of non-trivial, real-life applications using
MPI in research science and industry.

If you are new to MPI and parallel computing, you might want to
acquire "Using MPI" from your nearest library or online bookseller.
It will be relatively difficult for you to benchmark MPI applications
if you do not understand MPI.

A recently released free online book -
<http://tacc-web.austin.utexas.edu/staff/home/veijkhout/public_html/Articles/EijkhoutIntroToHPC.pdf>
- may help you to understand high-performance computing.

Best,

Jeff

2011/4/29 elton tian <eltont9404 at hotmail.com>:
> Hello forumers,
> I am new to mpi and compute intensive computing. For benchmark purpose, I am
> looking for some non-trivial, real life applications good by mpi,
> applications from scientific research or industry.
> Please share your knowledge with me. I really appreciate your suggestion!
> Regards

Jeff Hammond
Argonne Leadership Computing Facility
jhammond at alcf.anl.gov / (630) 252-5381