[Mpi-forum] Draft standard - take II

Torsten Hoefler htor at illinois.edu
Tue Oct 26 09:23:37 CDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 08:54:15AM -0400, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> For example, these changes on the trunk are a little alarming.  Who is
> the collectives chapter chair -- is it Torsten?  It is not marked on
> the web page.

> r618 | htor | 2010-10-24 20:38:04 -0400 (Sun, 24 Oct 2010) | 1 line
> Changed paths:
>    M /trunk/MPI-3.0/chap-coll/coll.tex
>
> removed superfluous paragraph after review from Yutaka Ishikawa and Hidejuki Jitsumoto
Yes "htor" is me.

> Whoa -- removed a whole paragraph?  Wasn't this text voted on
> (multiple times)?  Maybe removing that specific text is ok, but that
> log message gives me a little pause, for example...
I only applied changes that have no impact on semantics whatsoever and
are not ambiguous at all and would thus not raise a discussion. Removing
a paragraph might sound scary but it was an early copy&paste error. Just
check diff and the chapter and you'll see. I apologize for the scary and
non-saying commit message :-).

As this was a clear wording error (duplicated paragraph due to
copy&paste error), I assume that falls under my editorial freedom.

I am communicating all such changes to all members of the chapter
committee. This means we have control within the committee. I can
broadcast every change to the whole forum if you want (which might delay
the process).

> Additionally, there were frontmatter changes yesterday on the trunk
> last night that were made after the branch.  Do they need to come over
> to the branch?
I think the respective committee (Frontmatter & Introduction) will
review those changes.

Thanks for pointing this out Jeff!

Best,
  Torsten

--
Torsten Hoefler         | Performance Modeling and Simulation Lead