[Mpi-forum] Preprocessor Constants

Adam T. Moody moody20 at llnl.gov
Wed Nov 24 12:46:53 CST 2010

Hi Hal,
Yes, the MISC WG would be a good place for this.

Ultimately, the full contents for a proposal must be placed in a ticket.
    https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/report

There is a standard format for a ticket, as an example, see the layout for
    https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/ticket/45

Basically, there are certain sections to be filled in, with the main
portion being a listing of the exact changes to be made.  The location
of those changes should also be specified (page and line numbers).  For
now, base those changes on the MPI 2.2 standard.

Feel free to create the ticket yourself.  You'll need to register for an
account to post/update tickets (if you don't already have one).
    https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/register

Very early on in a proposal, when there is still a lot of discussion,
you may want to postpone the ticket and start the proposal in a wiki
instead.  The MISC wiki is here:
    https://svn.mpi-forum.org/trac/mpi-forum-web/wiki/MPI3Misc
(I need to move the scalability discussion that is currently there to
another page and replace it with a link from the main page.)

Either way, it'd be useful to boil down and capture the contents of the
discussion you've had with others on the mailing list.  No doubt others
will raise these same questions and suggestions, so it's useful to
include this content in the ticket or wiki page.
-Adam