[Mpi-forum] 2011 meetings

Bronis R. de Supinski bronis at llnl.gov
Mon Jun 21 10:39:06 CDT 2010

Rich:

Re:
> Just doing this based on the calendar, here is how the schedule would look:
>
>  Jan 31 - Feb 2 - Atlanta

The above conflicts with an OpenMP Language Committee
Face-to-Face meeting. Since that was scheduled about
two months ago, I request that we choose a different
date. Either the week before or the week after would
be fine for me.

>  March 28 - 30 - CA
>  May 23 - 25 - Chicago
>  July 18 - 20 - CA
>  Sept - In conjunction with Euro MPI

Can you be more specific here? Do we at least have the location?

>  Nov 9 - 11 - In conjunction with SC (may want to move this to late Oct)

I strongly oppose holding the meeting in conjunction
with SC. The meeting held in conjunction with SC09
was one of the least productive meetings I have ever
attended. Many people were clearly too preoccupied
with preparing for SC and the meeting generally
lacked focus as a result. I see no reason to repeat
this mistake.

> If you are aware of specific conflicts, please let me know before the
> next meeting in Stuttgart, so we can finalize of dates at that point.  I
> have not looked to see what these dates conflict with.

I almost certainly will not be able to attend the
meeting in Stuttgart. I request that we NOT finalize
meeting dates there. Either over email or at the
following meeting would be fine.

Bronis