[Mpi-forum] Trivial text reviews

Bronis R. de Supinski bronis at llnl.gov
Sat Feb 20 20:15:40 CST 2010

Pavan and Rich:

The standard has been that they get four reviews.

The suggestion at the last forum meeting was to reduce the
time that these trivial tickets take for voting, etc. I can
see a case for reducing the reviewing bruden as well but I
think the right solution is:

1. Ticket creators should try to batch trivial changes (this
action is not always possible - you want to submit them so
you do not forget them);

2. Batch tickets on trivial changes for voting (this may delay
voting on some tickets but should not be a big deal as long as
they are applied before draft releases).

I think we need to maintain the standard of four reviews in
order to make the batching of votes safer. Others can look
quickly at issues (and reading can just be "Tickets X, Y,...)
and assume that reviews have ensured they are reasonable.
It does not reduce the review burden but it helps with the
overall concern.

I have reviewed your ticket. It is clearly correct.

Bronis